Thirsty Thursday: Cucumber Vodka Soda Recipe
August 11, 2016
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cucumber juice (you will need 2 to 3 seedless cucumbers)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1 to 2 cups cold seltzer water (lime is great!)
- crushed ice for serving
- lime and cucumber slices for garnish
- To make the cucumber juice (if you don’t have a juicer), puree peeled seedless cucumbers (probably 2 of them) in a blender with a touch of water. Pour the puree through a fine mesh strainer into a large measuring cup.
- In a large pitcher, combine the cucumber juice, lime juice, vodka and simply syrup. Stir well then refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Before serving, pour in the cold seltzer water, starting with 1 cup. Taste and if desired, add in more simple syrup and seltzer. Pour the mixture over crushed ice and garnish with lime wedges and cucumber slices!
- Also, if you really want to UP the cucumber flavor, you can use cucumber vodka.