Thirsty Thursday: Cider Beer Sangria Recipe
October 19, 2017
- 2 (12-ounce) cold bottles hard cider (mine was heavy on the apple flavor)
- 1 (12-ounce) cold bottle wheat beer (a fall/octoberfest version is excellent!)
- 1 1/2 cold cups apple cider
- 1 cup cold ginger ale (or ginger beer! if you want it to have more of a bite)
- 1/2 cup apple brandy
- 2 apples, sliced
- 2 pears, sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced
- a handful of cinnamon sticks
- cinnamon sugar for the rim, if desired
- Add all of the fruit and cinnamon sticks to the bottom of a large pitcher. Add the hard cider, beer, apple cider, ginger ale and brandy together and stir gently. If you’d like, rim the edge of a glass with an orange wedge and dip in the cinnamon sugar.
- To serve, pour the sangria over extra fruit and ice. Unlike regular sangria, I don’t let this sit overnight since we’re using the beer and it’s carbonated and fizzy.
- Also, as note, taste your sangria before serving. The sweetness level will depend on the beer you use along with the cider! If you need a touch of sweet, I’d go with some maple syrup stirred in.