Techstars will hold its fourth annual Startup Week Tampa Bay from Feb. 12 to 16 at various locations throughout the Tampa Bay area. This five-day event is open to all local entrepreneurs who want to network with their peers and hear from experts on how to start and grow their business.
This year’s event features 14 custom industry tracks ranging from cyber security to food and beverage. Attendees will experience networking socials, panel discussions, and expert speakers who specialize in various industries.
Celebrity entrepreneur and New York Times bestselling author, Gary Vaynerchuk, will headline a marquee event on Tuesday, Feb. 13 at 5:30 p.m. at the Tampa Theatre where he will offer lessons and inspiration on how entrepreneurs can build thriving businesses and extraordinary personal brands.
Other top sessions for the week include:
- Florida Startup Pitch Competition to National Investors featuring Chuck Papageorgiou, angel investor in the Tampa Bay community; Stewart Berton, partner, Murray-Bertron LLC; Marc Blumenthal, partner, Florida Funders; Tom Cardy, managing partner, Aixos Tech LLC; Kathy Chiu, managing director, FAN Fund; Gary Langton, managing partner, QS Investment Fund and CEO/co-founder, IntelliChief; Kailah Matyas, managing partner, Redwood Partners; Lance Raab, founder/CEO, Tampa Bay WaVE; and Michael Reene, board member/senior corporate strategist and innovation development consultant, Self (Chase Basecamp)
- Angel Investing: How to Become a Business Investor featuring Tonya Elmore, president and chief executive officer, Tampa Bay Innovation Center and TEC Garage; David Chitester, founder, Florida Funders; and Victor Liu, angel investor (Funding & Growth)
- Effectively Transitioning to Entrepreneurship with Rosie Lee, director of Operation Startup (Veterans)
- Why Creating Compelling & Targeted Content is Key with Liz Newman, content and digital branding strategist (Food & Beverage)
- Stylish Transitions with Roberto Torres, founder of Black & Denim and Blind Tiger Café (Fashion & Style)…
…and many more in tracks for: cyber security, entrepreneurial foundations, health and wellness, PR/marketing, social enterprise, talent acquisition, and web development. Plus, activities at Chase Basecamp and marquee events. Primary location venues for this year’s events are: Rialto Theatre in downtown Tampa and Station House in St. Petersburg.
“Every year we try to bring interesting and creative content where people can learn something new, be inspired by one another, and get motivated to launch or continue an entrepreneurial pursuit, current project or goal,” says Gracie Stemmer, marketing director for Truhair and co-lead of Techstars Startup Week Tampa Bay. “There’s something for everyone at this year’s event. The tracks are going to be awesome and we look forward to hearing from Gary V. and all of the participants this year!”
All Startup Week Tampa Bay events are free to attend, however, spots are limited and interested attendees may register at: TampaBay.StartupWeek.co.
“We can’t wait for this year’s event,” says JR Griggs, president of Red Wall Marketing and co-lead of Techstars Startup Week Tampa Bay. “I’ve had the honor of being involved for three years now and it just keeps getting better. We have a ton of amazing content and we are all excited about the impact it has on the community.”
Chase is the founding partner for Techstars Startup Week in cities across the country and this is the fourth year the bank is sponsoring the event in Tampa Bay.
“Tampa Bay is continuing to emerge as a major hub for startup companies with so many entrepreneurs choosing to grow their business here,” says Michele Grace, head of Chase Business Banking in the South. “As a member of the local community, we are proud to sponsor Techstars Startup Week for the fourth consecutive year and participate in sessions that will help our local entrepreneurs succeed.”
In addition to hosting the event with Gary Vaynerchuk, Chase will hold a panel on how to access flexible capital and also host daily mentor hours with local bankers and legal experts.
To learn more about the featured tracks, dates, and times, please visit: TampaBay.StartupWeek.co. For interview requests, images, or additional information, please contact: Nancy Vaughn or Kyia Evans at press(at)whitebookagency(dot)com or via phone at: 813.252.0295.