Recipe of the Week: Sweet Heat BBQ Hot Dogs
June 30, 2017
- 8 beef franks (I used Hebrew National 100% kosher beef franks)
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 cup ketchup (I used Hunts)
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard (I used Guldens)
- 3 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat on the stove, then reduce to medium-low and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a container you can cover and put in the fridge. Chill until ready to use.
- Grill beef franks over medium heat for about 5-6 minutes, turning throughout to allow for even cooking on all sides. Also, place sliced onion rings on the grill and allow to cook until the hot dogs are done.
- Assemble hot dogs by placing slaw or lettuce (if desired) on the bottom of the bun. Next, add the hot dog, avocado slices, grilled onions, and pickles (if desired). Drizzle hot dogs with bbq sauce.