Recipe of the Week: Copycat Cheesecake Factory Chicken Bellagio With Pesto Pasta
January 27, 2018
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
PARMESAN CREAM SAUCE:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces shaved parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
TO FINISH THE DISH:
- 1/2 cup basil oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces shaved Parmesan
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- parsley (optional)
- Cook the pasta to one minute shy of the directions.
- Place the chicken between two pieces of saran wrap.
- Pound the chicken to a 3/4 inch thickness with either a mallet or rolling pin.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in flour, then beaten eggs, then breadcrumbs.
- Add the oil to a large cast iron skillet or heavy pan on medium high heat.
- Cook the chicken in the pan for 5-7 minutes on each side or until golden brown (as pictured).
- Wipe out the oil and crumbs and leave skillet for finishing dish.
- Add the butter to the pan and let melt on medium heat.
- Add the flour and whisk well, let cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the cream slowly while whisking.
- Add in the Parmesan, salt and pepper and whisk until thickened.
- Remove from heat for serving.
- Set a pot of water to boil and a large bowl of ice water to the side.
- Blanche the basil for 1 minute then remove the basil to the ice water.
- Remove from ice water and squeeze dry.
- In a small food processor add the basil and oil and puree.
- Use basil oil within a week (trust me you’ll want to put it on everything).
TO FINISH THE DISH:
- Add 1/2 cup of basil oil, chicken broth and butter to the skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add the pasta back in along with the shaved Parmesan and toss to coat.
- Plate with pasta, topped with cooked chicken, more Parmesan cheese (if desired), more of the cream sauce, more of the basil oil, a slice of the pancetta rolled up and arugula leaves to top.
- Squeeze a wedge of lemon over the plate and serve.