- 1/2 pound raw peeled + deveined shrimp
- 8 ounces of your favorite beer + 2 tablespoons
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced + zested
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chipotle peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 6 ounces freshly grated monterey jack cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the shrimp in a large baking dish or ziplock bag. Cover it with the 8 ounces of beer, lime juice and zest, adobo sauce and peppers, salt and pepper. Refrigerate and marinate for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, heat a skillet over medium high heat and add the shrimp with the remaining 2 tablespoons of beer. Cook until the shrimp is pink and opaque, abut 3 to 5 minutes.
- To make the quesadillas, heat a large nonstick skillet or electric griddle over medium-low heat. Add a bit of cheese on the bottom of each tortilla, then divide the shrimp evenly between the two. Cover with the mango, tomatoes, onions and remaining cheese, then top with the other tortillas. Cook until the cheese is melted and the sides of the tortillas are crispy. Serve with the guacamole, sour cream or greek yogurt and extra mango.
- Combine all ingredients together and mash until combined.