Recipe of the Week: Cuban Hot Dogs
May 28, 2017
- 1 large Baguette, quartered and then sliced for sandwiches
- 4 All Beef Franks
- 8 slices Swiss Cheese, or enough to cover all sandwiches
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 pound sliced Black Forest Ham
- Kosher Dill Pickle Slices
- 3 Tbsp Butter, melted and cooled
- You can grill your hot dogs prior to putting on the sandwich, or if using pre-cooked hot dogs, you can forgo the grilling, it’s up to you. The panini press will head up the dogs. We grilled ours first, because we love that grilled flavor.
- Preheat your panini press to 425. If you don’t have a panini press, preheat two heavy skillets on the stove over medium heat.
- Slice baguette for sandwiches. Spread both sides of the baguette with mayonnaise. Then layer black forest ham, sliced pickles, hot dogs (pre grilled or not) cut into half lengthwise, and then swiss cheese onto one side. Top with drizzle of yellow mustard.
- Top sandwich with other side of bread.
- Using a brush, brush some butter onto the panini press and set sandwiches on the press. Brush the tops of the sandwiches with butter. Close panini press.
- *If using skillets, add some butter to the bottom of the skillet and swirl to coat the pan. Brush the tops of the sandwiches, and place other skillet on top of the sandwiches to press down.*
- Cook until the cheese has melted completely, the hot dogs are heated through, and the bread is golden brown. Serve immediately.