Recipe of the Week: Citrus Shrimp and Avocado Salad
July 31, 2017
- 1 pound medium Pan-Seared Citrus Shrimp (31/40)
- 8 cups greens such as arugula, spinach, or spring mix
- Fruity or lemon-flavored extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon or ½ orange
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 ounces toasted sliced almonds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the recipe for the Pan-Seared Citrus Shrimp, or gently warm the leftover shrimp. Or, if you prefer, serve the shrimp chilled.
- Toss the shrimp with the salad greens in a large bowl. Lightly drizzle with olive oil, and if desired, some of the sauce remaining from the shrimp with a generous squeeze of citrus, and toss lightly to coat. Add the avocado, shallots and sliced almonds and then season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.