Recipe of the Week: Chipotle BBQ Chicken Salad with Tomatillo Avocado Ranch Dressing
May 11, 2017
- 1 Recipe Easy Chipotle Chicken
- 1/4 cup sweet barbecue sauce
- 1 Recipe 5 Minute Blender Tomatillo Avocado Ranch
- 1 large head romaine lettuce chopped, about 8 cups
- fresh corn kernels from 1 ear of corn
- 1/2 cup jicama, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup black beans,, drained and rinsed
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- tortilla strips
Prepare 5 Minute Blender Tomatillo Ranch according to directions. Best chilled before serving.
Prepare Chipotle Chicken according to directions. Chop cooked chicken into bite size pieces and toss with 1/4 cup barbecue sauce or enough to generously coat.
To assemble, add the Salad Ingredients, chicken, cheese and sunflower seeds to a large bowl and toss to combine. Garnish individual servings with tortilla strips and drizzle with dressing.