How To Make Authentic Carne Asada Tacos
May 5, 2017
- 1½-2 lbs Flank Steak
- ⅓ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce (we always use low sodium)
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Ts Cumin
- 1½ Ts Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Ts Kosher Salt
- 1 Ts Chili Powder
- 1 Ts Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Oregano, chopped (we used gourmet garden tube herbs found in produce)
- 2 Teaspoons Lime Juice
- 5 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- Queso Fresco (found in the cheese section)
- Pico De Gallo
- Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 lime sliced in wedges
- Guacamole (we just used wholly guacamole from the store)
- Corn tortillas
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine all ingredients and squish the bag to blend everything together. Add the flank steak and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Heat a grill to medium high heat. Add the steak and turn down to medium heat. Cook the meat for 6 min and flip for another 5-8 min. Flank steak does not have much fat so you really should serve this more like medium verses well done, otherwise the meat will be chewy instead of juicy.
- Remove the meat from the grill to a cutting board and tent with foil for 6-10 min.
- Slice thin and serve on a platter for build your own tacos.
- Meanwhile, head a griddle, grill or pan to medium heat and warm up (or cook) each side of the tortillas. Fill your taco with meat, pico de gallo, guacamole, cheese, cilantro and a squirt of lime juice.