Thirsty Thursday: Blueberry Basil Margarita
May 4, 2017
- flaked sea salt
- 150g | 5.3oz blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 measures (50ml | 1.7fl oz) tequila
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp triple sec (or Grand Marnier)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 small basil leaves
- basil leaves and lime wedges to garnish
- Cut a wedge of lime and wipe it around the edge of your glass – either a margarita glass or whatever you prefer. Dip the glass into a plate filled with sea salt and set aside.
- Put the blueberries (defrost them if frozen), agave nectar, basil leaves and lime juice in a cocktail shaker or glass and muddle them with a muddling spoon or the end of a rolling pin. Strain the blueberry pulp through a small sieve and press down with the back of a spoon to extract as much juice as possible from the berries.
- Put the tequila, triple sec and blueberry juice in cocktail shaker half filled with ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into the prepared glass and add some cracked ice if you like. Garnish with a lime wedge and a small basil leaf.