Recipe of the Week: Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Curry Dip
April 10, 2017
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha
- In a small bowl, stir together the ingredients for the curry dip until combined. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the coconut flakes. Pulse until the coconut is shredded.
- Set up your dredging station. Gather three small bowls. In the first bowl, combined the flour, salt and pepper. In the second bowl, add the beaten eggs. In the third bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs and shredded coconut.
- Add enough vegetable oil to a medium skillet to just cover the bottom. Heat the oil over medium heat. Working in small batches, dip the shrimp in the flour, then eggs, and then coconut/panko mixture. Fry about 5 to 6 shrimp at a time, for two minutes per side, until golden brown. Drain the fried shrimp on a paper towel lined plate. Serve immediately with the spicy curry dip.