- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 2 ounces bourbon
- Ice cubes
- Prosecco or other sparkling wine
- Fresh mint & orange wedges (slices or zest), for garnish
- Add 2 teaspoons all-natural sweetener, like maple syrup or agave, if desired
- Opt for sparkling water instead of wine, if you’d like
- Add the blood orange juice, the bourbon and ice (and sweetener if you’re using it) to a cocktail shaker and give it a good shake shake shake.
- Strain into two glasses and top with the sparkling wine, garnish with fresh mint and an orange wedge, slice or zest.