Recipe of the Week: Spicy Shrimp Pasta with Feta, Spinach and Tomatoes
March 4, 2017
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz. spinach, roughly chopped
- 4-6 oz. feta, chopped
- 1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 c. white wine
- 8 oz. linguine
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place and start heat to a large pot of water on the stovetop for the pasta.
- Oil a 13×9 inch pan.
- Layer spinach and then feta in pan.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add shrimp to the pan and sprinkle with salt, pepper, italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes and flip to the other side.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, stir and cook another 1 minute.
- Transfer shrimp to pan with spinach and feta.
- Return skillet to heat and add wine to deglaze the pan.
- Cook wine for several minutes until reduced.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour tomatoes and wine over shrimp.
- Place pan in the oven and cook for 10 minutes, stir, then return to oven for another 5 minutes.
- Salt the boiling pasta water and start cooking pasta after shrimp pan is in the oven.
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- When pasta and shrimp mixture are cooked, serve, and enjoy!